Senior Decommissioning Consultant
React Engineering, based in West Cumbria is a respected engineering consultancy specialising in nuclear clean-up. We work with all the major contractors in the nuclear industry across the UK and we employ staff with drive, great communication skills and a knack for problem solving.
What makes a React consultant?
Decommissioning challenges are unique and complex. Each problem has an individual set of conditions and interfaces that require fresh thinking, underpinned with knowledge and experience, applied with a sound methodical approach in order to deliver success. Since 1994, we have been providing strategic, engineering and project management consultancy services to a wide range of nuclear decommissioning and waste management projects.
Our Engineering Consultants are experienced and innovative engineers, from a wide variety of technical backgrounds, who can initiate, develop, and generate fresh ideas and concepts and when required lead teams to solve complex challenges and deliver client projects.
As an Engineering Consultant you would typically:
- Have relevant engineering experience and be able to demonstrate behaviours and capabilities in line with that of a professionally registered chartered engineer.
- Lead and deliver the development of engineering solutions across a range of disciplines.
- Lead and manage complex technical projects over a range of services, drawing on support from other React engineers when required.
- Take responsibility for the work of others and lead the development of less experienced engineers within specific technical areas.
- Develop and manage customer relationships to generate new opportunities and repeat business.
- Engage with the wider React team to ensure commercial and technical information and knowledge is shared within the company.
- Prepare and close-out estimates and proposals as well as managing projects throughout the whole project lifecycle.
The benefits of working at React:
- Able to get things done and make a real difference.
- Freedom to act with integrity.
- Staff treated as individuals, with roles created around the person.
- Working with a group of likeminded people with a can-do attitude in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities, opportunity to progress to executive role.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Cycle to work scheme.
We invest heavily in our people, a commitment which has been recognised by the Royal Academy of Engineering through an Engineering Professional Development Award for nine years running and by the IMechE’s Monitored Development Scheme. We believe that our approach to training is genuinely innovative and appropriate for React and demonstrates that we are very committed to developing our people.
Advice to Potential Applicants
- To apply for this role or to request more information, please email a Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This role is based in the Cleator Moor office, with some travel within Cumbria to support charitable activities.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
- All short-listed candidates will be required to prove that they have the Right to Work in the UK during the recruitment process.
- All candidates offered employment will be required to undergo pre-employment security checks against the Baseline Personal Security Standard before employment can commence.
- Personal data acquired during the application process will be used in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Act. This means that information is confidential and can only be used for assessment and selection, and for employment records if their application is successful. For further information on how React will process your data please contact Jessica Sisson on email@example.com.